Monday, August 9, 2010

What's "The Situation?"

So I took The Kid to Seaside Heights yesterday. Mostly because it is one of the closest shore points, and also because I was meeting up with a co-worker, who also has a child the same age. I had been trying to get the 2 kids together all year because they seem like kindred spirits, both don't really like sports, enjoy imaginative play, and at least my kid-totally socially awkward. I was right they hit it off. The enjoyed talking about such topics as Phineaus and Ferb (spelling??) and underwater communities. Perfect. At the close of day, they went back home while The Kid and I stayed on the beach until dusk.

Well I guess I failed to mention that the beach spot we were at is located right in front of "The Jersey Shore" house. Needless to say we got quite a show. Now I have never let the kid watch it, but he is not an idiot and is attune to modern culture. The Kid was just astounded by all the juiceheads dying to get a glimpse of these fools. But as we were taking pictures of Mike "The Situation" stand on the front deck smoking a newport , the kid points out, "Mom we are acting like these fools from New York!" My 9 year old made a profound statement and we moved on after I thought, "What the Eff am I doing here?"

The saddest part about this day, other then being pushed and called a c^nT by the Seaside Heights cops for standing on the boards (thanks jit), was that I realized how sad my future is. I watched these foolish teenagers/young adults screaming an flashing a house hoping the get the attention of true losers. There where children The Kid's age who knew who they all were and were screaming for Snookie. So what the hell does the future of the world, let alone the future of education look like?


And with that I leave you Jersery Shore Babies

No comments:

Post a Comment